The consequences of this situation are often disastrous:
- Continuous emergencies inside the company in order to meet delivery time.
- Difficulties in planning re-orders due to the increase of purchase costs.
- Missed payments if delivery times are not respected.
OUTSIDE THE COMPANY
- Dissatisfied customers, which means fewer orders and more competition.
- A perception of the company as unreliable, potentially damaging the entire brand.
- I need it immediately; Do you have the goods in stock?
- I need it in a week. Is it possible?
- When can you deliver my order?
- Do I have the goods in stock?
- Do I have the goods in other warehouses?
- Do I have enough goods available to satisfy all of the customer’s orders?
- Which customer will have priority?
- Do I have enough current production to satisfy customer requests?
- Can I buy goods from third parties?
- That customer is important and I can’t let them down.
- I have promised him a delivery time that I can’t change.
- Those goods have already been promised to another customer.
- The goods are ready, but they are reserved for another order.
- New incoming orders.
- Current orders can be modified and completely or partially cancelled.
- The availability in warehouse changes continuously, according to incoming goods (from production to purchase) and exiting goods (shipping).
In order to ensure excellent and efficient service, PLAN elaborates on the needs of the client and current and future availability in real time, taking into consideration all types of variables and suggesting possible delivery dates. In this way it will guarantee the promised delivery dates to the client, using the goods in stock for confirmed orders and placing new orders if necessary. All confirmed delivery dates (by hand or automatically) then create the business delivery program that allows all departments (commercial, production, purchase and sales) to reach the same aim: to provide stability and guarantee the customer sales agreements. From a delivery program, PLAN allows the increase of the warehouse’s activities and to fulfil orders in the traditional way or by using touchscreen devices. Touchscreen devices help you control the consignment process. It guarantees the possibility to check if the planned delivery dates are being followed or whether prompt action must be taken in order to fulfill the delivery to the satisfaction of the client.
Dynamic reservation of availability
- Inventory immediately available in the principal warehouse
- Inventory available through transfers from secondary warehouses
- Future availability from supply/production orders
If there is no availability, Plan develops a possible delivery date according to:
- Production request (Make)
- Purchasing request (Buy)
Processing Transfer Requirements
Control of warehouse activity
Plan is developed with integrated online technology, meaning you can check it on any devices with internet access.
Plan records all ERP activities in real time and re-plans the situation taking into account the differences.
Discover SellMore Plan!
Do you want to see all the functionalities of SellMore Plan? Book a free demo! One of our experts will show you the potential of the solution applied to real histories of companies similar to yours in terms of business.